Shepherd of the Prairie’s Youth and Family Ministries know that there are 6 places for shaping faith:
1. Children and youth, recognized and empowered as disciples of Jesus Christ, use their God given gifts in purposeful ministry.
2. Families are equipped and strengthened by their congregation to be the primary nurturers of faith.
3. Congregations are safe, inclusive, welcoming, and nurturing for all children, youth, and
adults, as they live out their faith in the midst of community and the larger world.
4. Christians live their faith daily, experiencing Christ in Community, learning from, as well as serving the needs of community.
5. Children, youth, and adults experience God’s presence, learning from people from a variety of Cultures, while being part of God’s transformational work within culture.
6. Christians live in harmony with Creation, recognizing, receiving, celebrating, and caring for God’s handiwork.
Shepherd of the Prairie’s Youth and Family Ministries hold to 5 basic principles for living and passing on faith:
Faith is formed by the power of the Holy Spirit through personal, trusted relationships.
The church is a living partnership between the ministry of the congregation and inistry
of the home
Where Christ is present in faith, the home is church, too.
Faith is caught more than it is taught.
If we want Christian children and youth, we need Christian adults.
Shepherd of the Prairie’s Youth and Family Ministries understand there are 4 keys for practicing faith:
1. Caring Conversations
Shepherd of the Prairie’s Youth and Family Ministries believe there are 3 characteristics for Christians: